Division - 5U-7U
Player Birth Years
- 5U - 2018
- 6U - 2017
- 7U - 2016
RCBA continues to run the Rally Cap program at the Blastball and T-Ball levels. The program has been designed specifically for young baseball players and aims to increase interest in baseball.
The Rally Cap Program is one of the outcomes of the Long Term Athlete Development Program developed by Sport Canada and is supported by Baseball BC and Baseball Canada.
The goals of Rally Cap program are to:
- Create an environment in which children and adults can have fun with baseball
- Teach baseball skills, rules and strategy to our players
- Model and teach competitiveness with an emphasis on good sportsmanship
- Promote increased self-esteem among Rally Cap children and adults.
Sessions are about 60 minutes in length. Two teams will take to the field and after a 15-minute warm-up/training station the teams will begin playing a game.
Teams will be made up of 6 or 7 players depending on the number of players registered.
The season starts in April and finishes towards the end of June.
- Batting helmet with chin strap
- Baseball glove
- Bat (not required but bring your own if you have it)
- Runners/cleats (plastic cleats only)
- Protective Jock/Jill
- Water bottle (no sharing allowed)
- Bag (to carry equipment)
Game and Practice Days
Below are the expected days for 5U/6U/7U. The times are TBD until teams are organized.
5U / 6U
Saturdays & Sundays
Thursdays & Saturdays