Division - 13U
Player Birth Years - 2011 or 2012
At 13U "live" pitching is used throughout the game. Players play on a larger field and a slightly longer pitching distance than 11U, and a regulation hard ball is used.
A run limit is imposed on all innings except the last where unlimited runs may be scored.
To protect from arm injury, pitchers are governed by BC Baseball pitch count rules which limit the number of pitches allowed and the number of days rest required for arm recovery.
The Spring season will start in mid-April and finishes towards the end of June.
- Base paths are set at 70 feet
- Pitchers throw from 48 feet
- Lead offs and stealing are allowed
- Games are 6 innings
- Balks may be called on pitchers
- Running to first base on a dropped 3rd strike is allowed.
- Batting helmet with chin strap
- Baseball glove
- Baseball pants
- Baseball bat
- Baseball cleats (plastic cleats only)
- Protective Jock/Jill
- Water bottle (no sharing allowed)
- Bag (to carry equipment)
Game and Practice Days
Below are the expected days for 13U. The times are TBD until teams are organized.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays & Sundays