Division - 11U
Player Birth Years - 2012 or 2013
At this division "live" pitching is used throughout and a regulation hard ball is used. A 1st year pitcher (or pitchers) must pitch the first 2 innings of the game to ensure younger players get exposure to pitching.
A run limit is imposed on all innings except the last where unlimited runs may be scored.
To protect from arm injury, pitchers are governed by BC Baseball pitch count rules which limit the number of pitches allowed and the number of days rest required for arm recovery.
11U is a "house" league so no travel is required.
The season will start in mid-April and finishes towards the end of June.
- Base paths are set at 60 feet
- Pitchers throw from 46 feet
- No lead offs, stealing is allowed after pitch crosses home plate
- Games are 6 innings
- Balks are not called on pitchers
- Batting helmet with chin strap
- Baseball glove
- Baseball pants
- Bat (not required but bring your own if you have it)
- Runners/cleats (plastic cleats only)
- Protective Jock/Jill
- Water Bottle (no sharing allowed)
- Bag (to carry equipment)
Game and Practice Days
Below are the expected days for 11U. The times are TBD until teams are organized.
Mondays, Wednesdays & Sundays